What is Acceptable Use?
Acceptable Use Policy outlines the guidelines and behaviors that users are expected to follow when using school technologies or when using personally-owned devices on the school campus. Watch this short video to learn more.
Please carefully read the Acceptable Use Policy and discuss each rule with your child before you sign.
1. Students must have a signed permission slip from their parent or guardian that authorizes them access to the Internet.
2. Students are not to use any vulgar, obscene, threatening, or disrespectful language.
4. For safety reasons, students are not to give out personal information such as telephone number, full name, address, etc. to anyone on the Internet.
5. Students may not share passwords or access or use other students’ accounts.
6. Students must not download any programs from the Internet.
7. Students must comply with all school board policies and school rules as they pertain to student conduct.
8. Students must comply with specific instructions from school staff as the instructions pertain to instructional goals while using computers and/or computer services.
9. There may be no food or beverages allowed around the computers.
Failure to follow these rules and standards can result in the suspension of the student's computer account and/or other disciplinary action.
Please sign that you have read and understand the Computer Usage and Internet Policy and that you discussed it with your child. These are videos you can watch that explain an acceptable use policy: acceptable use policy video or http://youtu.be/P1wew313SVs.
(Parent/ Guardian Signature) (Date)_______________
I ____________________________ (print name) have read and understand the above policy and agree to follow all the policies as stated. I understand if I do not follow these policies, I will have to face the consequences explained to me.
I __________________________________ (Parent Signature) give permission for my son/daughter to access the Internet in accordance with the above guidelines.